Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday?

First of all, I don't know why I'm writing this since virtually no one knows this blog exists. O well, I guess I'm just venting.

I know many people write Thankful Thursday blogs. They talk about things they are thankful for in their lives. Its a great way to stay positive, but right now I just can't do it.

Thursdays are my worst day of the week. Strange, I know. I believe it is because Thursday is when everyone starts looking toward the weekend. Only one more day of work and it's here. That's exciting...right? Not for me. I have no one to spend my weekends with. No Friday night movies with the girls, Saturday lunches, or just getting together to take a walk. I have lived in Durango since April 2008 and faithfully attended the same church the entire time, yet I still have no one. Where else am I supposed to meet people? Honestly. Tell me and I'll go.

The lack of human interaction leaves me so depressed I feel paralyzed. I am outgoing, fun loving, and think I can be a pretty good friend, but I am left completely lost. Hurting. Confused. Should I leave Durango? Is this just not the place for me? But I like it. Despite everything I don't feel like I'm ready to go. Maybe I need a new path. I need encouragement and I need friends so very badly.

Please God help me. Lead me and give me strength. If its time to move on I will, just tell me where to go. Please hold me and catch my tears. Bring me to you as that is the only place I can find real peace.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Thank you for commenting on my blog. I too am very new to the blogging world. I realize that your post here is from last month, however is just wanted to say that I can understand lonliness, and it is the most terrible feeling in the world. I am glad to see you at Passion Play and I hope we will get to know each other more. As for girl time, we all really need that. I don't know if you like to read, but I would love to invite you to a girls book club that I just started attending last month. We meet one Saturday a month and discuss the book that everyone has been reading. This has been a blessing to me as I too was in pretty desperate need of some girlfriend time. If this is of interest to you let me know and I will get you some more details. And be encouraged. God has you in Durango for a reason. Talk to you later. Sommer P.S Do you have a facebook. That is another way that I really like to keep up with friends. If so my Full name is Sommer Randol. Look me up. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I didn't know you started a blog...I haven't been on other blogs very much since the fire.

    First let me say that I am sorry you have not made any new friends here yet. I hate being lonely, and it might seem odd, but there have been many seasons in my life that I have found myself very, very, very lonely. And it's true, it stinks to be lonely.

    We are about to kick off a whole new bunch of small groups and I have to say that is my favorite way to meet and connect with people. Dw and I will personally help you find a small group to try. We are talking of having one in our home, if we do, we would love for you to come. WE are not sure yet though. Either way, we will help you find one.

    I also have a Facebook so look me up if you are on there. Linny Saunders.

    I pray that you find hope - and that your season of loneliness ends quickly and that you find the greatest and dearest friends you have had to date right here in Durango!!


    The reason I type things with an *asterisk is to avoid people doing "searches" from finding them. BEcause Tyler is in the Special Forc*s there are creepy people out there who will Google all the blogs and try to find families with deployed Special Forc*s kids or spouses. Then they might even consider reeking havoc in their family. The * prevents anyone from Googling it because the search engine will not recognize it. Does that make sense??

    We also don't want Ch*na reading about our lives...cause you just never know. Bottom line: We do this anytime we don't want someone to be able to Google/search and find us.

    See you soon!

    Much love, Linny xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl,

    I am in the book club that Somer is talking about and I think it would be awesome if you could come and join us. I'll talk to you about it when we are at the next PP practice. Durango is a tough town. And lonliness is SO LAME! So I too am praying for you. I am glad Linn told you about our small groups. They are a great way to get connected to people on a weekly basis to begin some really cool relationships. God will direct your path girlfriend... and this season will pass - I promise. lv, jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! I have been in your shoes many times and I find that I am on occasion... Its hard to be in a place and make lasting relationships anywhere really! My husband and I moved to Durango last May, so its almost been a year and we have only met a handful of people who we rarely hang out with anyways... Most of the people we know here are people who my husband, Jonathan works with! It really takes a while to connect with people! I totally understand your struggle! I am really excited to meet you next week though! I think Father is really opening some amazing doors for new connections in my life and I am extremely thrilled!!! Glad to see you blog! Blogging is a way I release things to Father and really just to the world!!! :) I am a thinker and love to share my thoughts even if they are somewhat provoking!

    ReplyDelete