Friday, April 17, 2009

Answered Prayer ... WOW!

My dear friend Mike was diagnosed with colon cancer just a couple weeks ago. Last week he found out it was Stage 4 and had spread. He has tumors on both his liver and pancreas. As we all know, pancreatic cancer is BAAAAAD. Wednesday of this week Mike had a biopsy on the tumor on his pancreas. The purpose of this biopsy was to find out if the tumor was operable. If not, the doctors told him he had zero chance of living more than 3 years. Since I found out about this biopsy a week ago I started to pray that when they went to do the biopsy Wednesday the tumor wouldn't even be there, that God would remove it.

Yesterday I called Mike to see if he had the results yet. He said he had good news. Good news? He hasn't had anything but horrible news lately. Of course he was cruel and kept dragging it out instead of just telling me what the good news was. (Apparently Mike is one of God's tools to teach me patience!) Eventually I got it out of him ... to the doctor's pure shock, the tumor isn't cancerous! It is there, but it is small and there is no cancer present. Not exactly what I prayed for, but extremely good news!!! I believe the hope now is that the tumor can be zapped with radiation.

Mike still has surgeries to undergo, including one that will remove part of his liver. There will be chemo and radiation as well. Please pray for God's miraculous healing touch on his body and encouragement through this battle. He is facing this all alone so please pray for comfort.

Much love,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. That is great news Michelle! We will continue praying for him, but that is cause for celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we serve a miracle working, prayer answering, loving God! I will keep Mike in my prayers. But as Tiff said, this is a cause to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I have chills as I read this. Your friend Mike is being touched by the almighty God. When I read his heartfelt communication to us during the passion play...it is obvious the Lord is just drawing him so close. This is just a confirming miracle that God is the ULTIMATE physician. He created us, he loves us, why wouldn't he work to make it all better?!? My prayer is that Mike is a loud and clear testimony to all who know him and meet him to the power of a God who loves him. I am praying for his healing. Thanks for sharing with me. This too builds my faith. lv, jen

    ReplyDelete