Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Home Sick

Can I be homesick for a place that was only my home for a year?

I had a dream today during an entirely too long afternoon nap (it's my day off) about being back in Durango. I was overjoyed to be back. Sometimes I have incredibly vivid dreams and this was one of them. During the dream I took a deep breath and felt the cool, crisp, DRY (it is so stinking humid here!) mountain air. It felt incredible.

How I miss the sights, sounds, and excitement. Like I talked about in a previous post, there is something exciting about being somewhere so new and different. Then again, the newness of a bear made me more scared than I have ever been one night last fall! It's funny that I miss Durango so much when I wasn't all that happy the majority of the time I was there. Went through some definite personal struggles and was horribly lonely during the off season, but for some reason I want to be back. I miss the church and the relationships I was building there. I wanted to start cycling and try new adventures and get out and meet more people. There is such a variety of people there it's always fun to meet someone new. I feel like if I went back I would do better ... get out and meet more people, get involved, take chances, not miss out on all that Durango and Colorado have to offer.

I love this job and love the people here, but Colorado was a dream, and although it was fulfilled in a sense, since I lived there, I still long for it, so maybe it wasn't completely fulfilled. I loved living in Colorado. Period. I loved being out of the midwest! I didn't love being so far away from family, but it was survivable.

Why am I never satisfied!??!?! I wasn't satisfied when I was there, but I miss it. Wasn't satisfied in college, but I'd like to go back and do it over because I feel like now I could do it better. Wasn't satisfied in Indy ... at least I don't feel like going back there!!! Why can't I ever get things right the first time around!??!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know how you feel with this. I think part of it is that when we are in a situation, we are never content because we don't realize everything around us. Once that is gone, we realize how much we miss what we had. We always want what we cant have.

    ReplyDelete